Monday, April 7, 2008

should i work at supercuts?

Did you know that you dont even need a license to work there? They train you and in three months, you're cutting hair! Which begs the question, why am I in college? It's a bit too late to be asking this, given I have a month till graduation, but really, why am I here? I dont know why I cant answer this genuinely, I know what I should say, but is it true?

I know my inability to explain this does not take away from the fact that I am here, that I've benefited immeasurably and formed bonds and connections with people in a way that could not have been replicated anywhere or anytime else. I might even miss this place, but I'm so ready for life outside of college. I want to stop worrying about things I dont care about and seeing people I care even less about, is that wrong? Is it so wrong for me to want to finally go to hair school? Maybe not supercuts though.

No comments: