Tuesday, April 8, 2008

chants for gazelle dance

Whatup villagers?




Practice these, we'll be chanting them while Nimish dances.

Here's what we have--

All of us are on stage, including Cherrie and Crystal, chanting for Nimish to enter and do his gazelle dance. He may or may not be singing before this begins.

After his dance Sita (Jack) gets excited and asks Rama (me) to get the gazelle. He prances off stage and I go looking for the gazelle, preferably taking up some time, I need to figure out a hunting dance.

Then I go off stage and Nimish mimics my voice which triggers worry and fear in Jack. Jack then begs Lakshmana (Todd) to go after me. They argue for a bit and maybe Cherrie and Crystal can shant or something in the background, while Todd draws a circle around Jack and goes off to find me.

Thats when Crystal comes in with a cloak or sheet or something over her face and plays the beggar trying to lure Jack out of the circle, when he finally does leave, she lifts her sheet and reveals her disguise just in time for Jatayu to appear and fight.

They battle and Cherrie gets beat but before Crystal drags Jack away he leaves Cherrie his jewels. I come back to find Cherrie dying with Jack and Todd nowhere in sight.

Nimish will sing whatever verses he finds/wants throughout.

PROPS WE NEED
--bowl
--jewels, a necklace or something flashy Jack can where
--sheets: which i think Francis will be able to provide from wardrobe

Our next scheduled meeting is 7pm Sunday at PBK! Contact us if you can't make it!

No comments: