Wednesday, March 26, 2008

whatupvillagers?

sorry i didnt get in contact via blog. ive definitely been avoiding it because i dont wanna post.

so this is what i think were supposed to be doing for this project.

--perform our version of the ramayana expressing what we as a group believe to be the core themes using what we've learned from Sravya and our ex-Ramayana cast members (yay we have two of you!) in 15-30 min.
--weve chosen the scene where Ravana abducts Sita
(starting on pg 189 in our book)

Beggar/Ravana: Crystal
Jata yu: Rashmi
Gazelle: Me
Lakshmana: Todd
Sita: Jack
Rama: Nimish

Cherrie- I'm guessing you werent there when we broke down the roles? because I dont have you down for anything. You can either be the beggar, or Supanakha, or maybe you already are. Let me know...

--we were also instructed to pick a village in either andhra pradesh or bali. we need to learn the history and sociocultural aspects out of which our Ramayana is to be born. I'm not quite sure how this will change our performance, but it could be fun to research. I cant remember what we decided on for a village, but I picked one that could prove interesting: Machilipatnam. Apparently Kuchipudi, where the classical dance was born, is only 25 km from this city in the Krishna district. Read about it and let me know if you feel at home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machilipatnam

No comments: