Monday, February 18, 2008

or maybe we can smoke some trees...

or feel the breeze, or listen to a symphony, or maybe we can chill and just be?

I would rather be doing any of those things instead of what I'm doing right now. Why is it that I can never get enough work done?

I've been reading more of the Ramayana, mostly because I feel like I've been slacking for this class. I have been keeping up with everyone's blogs, lately they just show Nichol support and it makes me happy. Liam described our march to the sunken gardens on thursday beautifully, while Todd seemed a bit dejected by it all.

I wish I saw more of Todd.

Kristine commented on a topic they discussed at the MAC meeting today, that I was going to attend but then lost track of time, and I just wanted to say that I think about those things all the time. Why do people choose to befriend some and not others? What is the major criteria for friend selection? And why do we see that it happens to be segregated in some places and not others? Does this self-segregation only arise in hostile situations, where people feel the need to be around those "like them"? It's puzzling.

Rashmi talks about awareness, good timing. It is Islam Awareness Week. Does anyone know that or did I make fliers for nothing?? This week is gonna be crazy with IAW. I have so much to vent about regarding that, but I dont think anyone cares and I really don't feel like articulating it via this medium. In summary: I am disappointed.

I liked the visitors last class, it really felt like we were actually putting in motion publicly and inclusively what we have been trying to channel within our group indoors. I feel more comfortable doing the dances, I just wish I could be more confident in carrying out all the steps. I guess that takes practice, but I dont know when I'll get around to that.

I'm supposed to be sketching the TWILIGHT poster design at the moment, but I lack inspiration. Amanda wants something reminiscent of graffiti and I know I can do that. A whole lot better than whoever's been poorly stenciling those not so clever messages all over campus. Like Nimish exclaimed, that's not the point of activism and completely counter to what many of us have been working towards regarding BOV relations this past week. And also: shitty graffiti job. The stencils picked were lame, the execution was mediocre at best and I could have done a much better job. Not that I would vandalize anything, but if I did, I would pick better spots for interesting/insightful designs, assholes.

Watch this, ask Erich why

No comments: